As a UI Technical Artist (f/m) it is important to enjoy creating content and working with quality and improvement in mind. The goal is to balance the technical constraints while still staying true to the look and feel of the UI design and the game in which it exists.
- Creating UI Layouts using a node based visual scripting language.
- Implementing and maintaining UI assets in the game’s engine.
- Testing, debugging and optimizing UI content.
- Working within a team to develop features, workflows and pipelines for UI.
- Ensuring UI is as optimal as possible.
Working in UI, means working closely with a diverse team, ranging from artists to programmers. Your most important qualification is a friendly and approachable attitude. We are in search of a team player who has an eye for quality, quick learning skills and an urge to improve.
- Familiarity with a node graph oriented workflow.
- Interest in providing a good user experience.
- Good Debugging and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Organized and with a good sense of overview.
- Able to communicate clearly and work as a team player.
- Fluent in English, both in writing and verbally.
- Knowledge of any scripting or programming language.
- Cross understanding of UX, UI design and UI programming.
- Experience with UI layouting.
- Having shipped a game title.
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios should contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
Don't forget your CV & Cover Letter!
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
The world of the settlers is growing, and so is the team behind it. We are looking for an additional UI Technical Artist (f/m/d) to help build and shape the user interface for the game’s features and flow. Using Visual programming in an AAA engine, Snowdrop, you will create content with instant feedback, allowing for fast iterations, improvements and space to experiment creatively. You will become part of a friendly team, working closely with artists, designers and programmers to develop the best user experience together.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany).