- Create modern Interface Designs from conception to final quality
- Translate high-level gameplay ideas into visual functional UI Designs
- Establish logical, readable UI solutions and usability strategies
- Develop flexible designs that ensure extension and further development
- Layout and implement HUD & Menu designs
- Create convincing UI animations to drive attention and offer guidance for players
- Provide good Information Hierarchy that enhances the player experience
- Communicate ideas & concepts with international teams and stakeholders
- Assist Engineers to ensure implementation reflects the Design Vision
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects or Flash
- Good sense for Motion design / Motion graphics
- Proficient in creating ideas, prototyping and final realization
- Profound graphic design skills (design, layout, typography)
- Think critically and conceptually
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project
- Be self-motivated and organized
Knowledge and Experience
- Work experience of at least 2 years in the Video Game industry
- Good knowledge in Animation (2d or 3d)
- Profound knowledge of UI implementation processes in video game projects
- Familiar with industry game engines and prototyping workflows
- Practical experience with data management software (perforce)
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Strong compositing skills and video editing skills are a plus (After effects, Premiere)
- Being an avid gamer is a plus
- Flexible working hours
- External and internal training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension etc.
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
As UI Artist [Avatar] (f/m/d) you will be responsible for creating high quality, modern interface solutions, 2D artworks and animations for game development.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany).