The Staff SW Engineer is responsible for the support of the Visa TPF/VIP Authorization system in a multi-datacenter and multi-processing environment. They are responsible for second level problem determination and recovery of the VIP applications, operating system, services and member related issues.
The Sr. Staff SW Engineer will facilitate problem situations with the appropriate management, support groups and service partners as required and is responsible fro tracking progress and final resolution implementation.
- Works closely with service partners such as VIP Operations, Global Network Operations, Visa Operations Command Center, and other Global Support teams to ensure all VIP related services are operational and not causing client impact.
- Works closely with Account Management, Application Support and the Regions when dealing with Member/Application issues.
- Ongoing/Proactive analysis of TPF/VIP Systems and applications to detect potential problems. When necessary makes preventive corrections and works with engineering/Development groups to implement long-term corrective measures.
- Coordinates all TPF/VIP implementations.
- Serve as mentor and knowledge transfer for VIP Operations, VIP Sr. Programmers, and peers.
- Advanced knowledge of software deployment tools, TPF Loader Process
- Applies their skills to develop system tools and/or team tools.
- 24x7x365 Coverage, including ability to work nightshifts as required
- Handle all calls coming into the Coverage ACD system
- SME for TPF Software Load install process.
- Additional support for specialized TPF Loader process and annual LGF (loader general file) Baseline.
- Minimum of 7 year experience with TPF (4.1 / zTPF)
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or equivalent experience.
- IBM Assembler and C++ programming experience
- Experience in working with VM/MVS systems, including JCLAbility to work night shifts
- Strong understanding of TPF with emphasis on software load process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.