- You develop and maintain new and existing online service used throughout the company
- You define and design software requirements and specifications based on user requirements
- You cooperate with project management to ensure on-time high quality delivery for the product departments
- You thoroughly document your work in order to transfer knowledge to your team members
- You are able to create a development plan and break it down into small, clear tasks
- Over 7 years’ experience as a software engineer (Java or other JVM languages, industry standard frameworks)
- Experience in designing and implementing system and application architectures
- Strong background in Restful Web Services (both consuming and producing sides)
- Micro Service Architecture experience
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Knowledge of Agile and Continuous Delivery practices
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Knowledge of Docker
- Experience with DevOps culture
- Golang or Python programming knowledge
- Understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Proficiency with RDBMS concepts and principles of data modeling
- Flexible working hours
- External and internal training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension etc.
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a motivated and passionate Senior Service Programmer (Java) (f/m/d) who aspires to take games to the next level. In ambitious projects you will build up and maintain high-value productions as developer in a multi-cultural team. With your experience, you are able to provide a strong technical background, collaborate with teams all around the world and support the team to create a great online services suite for Ubisoft Games (including AAA Games)!
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany).