We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Software Developer to work on our next generation Analytics Platform. The platform builds on our vast Analytics and Index capabilities and allows 3rd parties to dynamically contribute their data and analytics to the first true Financial Analytics platform in the market.
As a member of our Data Services Development team you will build high performance and scalable services which will provide an efficient and comprehensive gateway into our Analytics and Portfolio Management systems. You will work within a local and global team of highly skilled Senior Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Product Managers. Additionally, you will have significant interaction with the Developers and Testers working on our teams in London and Budapest.
Candidates for this position should be passionate about building high quality software and contributing to architecture design discussions. You will have strong analytical skills and a desire to go deep with knowledge and understanding of topics, and motivated to work in a high performance team.
- Building new components using the Scala Programming Language
- Participate in code reviews and design discussion with other developers.
- Analyze the performance of code and implement enhancements.
- Investigate issues and derive root cause and correction.
- Understand financial terms, concepts, and calculations.
- 5+ years of experience building large-scale distributed systems in Java and/ or Scala
- 2+ years of hands-on Scala development experience
- Functional programming experience, preferably in Scala
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience working on an agile development team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- BA/BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Experience or demonstrated interest in financial analytics and technology is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an independent provider of research-based indexes and analytics tools for institutional investors.
For more than 40 years, we have been helping the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. We serve 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
We are based in beautiful downtown Berkeley, California, easy walking distance from BART and many restaurants and shops.