- Animate and motion edit Mocap data within complex animation systems
- Collaborate with the Art Director and Lead Animator to create animations that fit to the visual style of the project
- Provide knowledge and solutions for animation problems
- Set up complex animation state machines
- Provide skinning for complex characters
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Provide support and advice for artists
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Animator in game development with a strong understanding of rigging, skinning, keyframe animation, motion capturing and procedural animation.
- Working knowledge of Maya, Motion Builder, 3DSMAX, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
- A keen eye for motion, weight, timing and animation.
- Being able to work with a complex animation system and complex animation state machines
- Able to keep content within the current projects art style and work within those limitations.
- Understand typical work flows and tools in animation production with the ability to modify and improve them.
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Experience with Motion editing and handling Mocap Data in Motion Builder is a plus
- Experience as modeler and/or texture artist a plus
- Rigging experience is a plus
- Being an avid gamer is a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of character animation (full body motion, emotions etc.)
- Examples of visual effects or environment animation
- Examples of animation rigs and their functionality in a 3D package
- Examples of animation style variety
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are commited to creating innovative, high-quality gaming experiences. To help us achieve this goal, we are looking for a Senior Animator [The Settlers] (f/m/d) who will be responsible for bringing to life the characters and creatures of our games with stunning, high quality animations.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany).