Merchandise Planning at Abercrombie & Fitch is responsible for building sound business and financial plans in order to maximize margin and minimize risk. As primary analytical partners in the business, experienced Planners are responsible for decisions that directly affect metrics including sales, margin, and inventory levels for a specific product category (denim, tees, etc.) in one of our brands. Merchandise Planners work closely with Merchandising, Inventory Management, and Finance in order to analyze and apply retail trends to ensure effective financial decision-making.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and present seasonal/weekly merchandise financial plans in accordance with company goals, historical performance and market trend analysis
- Work closely with Merchandising to identify sales opportunities through effective strategic planning
- Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to influence future purchases and assortment strategies
- Forecast sales, margin and inventory at a department/class level in our planning system based on changes in trend, strategy, receipts or business climate
- Manage seasonal inventory and make recommendations in regards to markdowns or promotions
- Plan basic and fashion styles to ensure the flow of receipts supports the current and future business
- Collaborate with Brand Senses, Merchandising, and Inventory Management to create seasonal/weekly floorset plans
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field required
- 5+ years merchandising, planning, buying or equivalent experience in a corporate retail environment preferred
- 1-2 years management experience preferred, but not required
- Analytically driven
- Clear knowledge of target customer and product trends
- Excellent communication, presentation, and multi-tasking skills
- Team-oriented with strong leadership skills
- A strong desire for adventure & curiosity
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, structured environment
- Desire to learn & hunger for more!
- A collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the brand
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER © ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. 2012
At Abercrombie & Fitch, quality is in our roots and we’re on a mission to honor this rich heritage. With an unwavering focus on our customer, we strive every day to deliver a unique and welcoming experience, whether in our stores or online. Our three global brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids and Hollister Co., are the embodiment of our passion for the incredible product. At the heart of it all is our amazing 500-acre campus, nestled just outside of Columbus, Ohio. With an open workspace, inspiring views, and even a place to gather as a team around the fire pit, our Home Office fosters a diverse and inclusive culture that consistently seeks the input of our associates and focuses on the future. We are looking for leaders, visionaries, and creatives who are willing to roll up their sleeves and write the next chapter in our brand’s legacy.