The Project Manager will work with departments throughout the organization relating to Financial Planning, Merchandising, Operations and other areas of the business to plan, execute and implement retail projects. This individual will coordinate the efforts of team members and consultants to deliver projects according to plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
• Manage project development from initiation to closure
• Proactively identify opportunities to adjust and streamline processes for efficiencies and suggest alternative workable solutions, especially as it relates to resources, budgeting and time management
• Create and manage master project plans
• Keep team informed of next steps and any changes as they occur
• Communicate clearly and frequently to all relevant stakeholders on progress of current projects
• Oversee one or more smaller or intermediate sized projects
• Assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, develop project schedules and be responsible for determining and acquiring resources needed
• Must be familiar with the entire scope and requirements of project (s) and service as a liaison between team members and functional area management requesting project
• Project resource allocation and utilization
• Gather and prioritize requirements, document the vision and work closely with the business to deliver quality products
• Implement high value projects within agreed upon timelines while ensuring that projects meet stated goals
• Manage all tactical details necessary to ensure complete and timely implementation of initiatives
• Partner with manager to design timely and actionable analysis; derive learning and conclusions from results
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with ease, set appropriate priorities, and manage time effectively while paying strict attention to detail
• Strong integration skills, with the ability to coordinate all aspects of project
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present technical information in a non-technical fashion
• Ability to identify issues, recommend and implement strategies to resolve problems, and manage issue escalation effectively
• Ability to multi-task.
• Creative problem solver
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Education – Degree Preferred (Business/IT related discipline)
• Minimum 4 years related Retail Systems experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a project manager in a Retail organization
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook
• Minimum 2 years of experience developing custom query based reports (e.g. Microstrategy, MS Access, Impromptu, etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at http://about.skechers.com.