- Design, implement, debug and iterate on new and existing technologies for the Snowdrop™ engine.
- Development in a multi-threaded environment using modern techniques.
- Collaboration with teams to create the best possible player experience.
- Design and implementation of engine and gameplay components in C++ for PC and Console.
- Improve and extend existing game systems and features.
- Improving tools and pipelines used by team members.
- Master, Bachelor or equivalent in computer science or engineering.
- Strong programming skills in C++.
- Experience working with Console SDK’s and Devkits (PS4 and XBox).
- Good debugging and problem solving skills.
- Strong ability for analysing and extending a large existing code base.
- Understanding of performance sensitive programming (algorithmic and low level optimisations).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Comfortable planning tasks and dependencies.
- Flexible working hours
- External and internal training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension etc.
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
As Intermediate General Programmer [Avatar Project] (f/m/d) you will implement new components and systems, as well as improving and maintaining existing ones for the Avatar Project on PC and Console in C++ using the Snowdrop™ engine. Additionally you will contribute to specialised game systems such as Engine, Rendering and Networking.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany).