- Design, implement and maintain gameplay systems together with game designers for a AAA game on PC & console
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet expectations and are coherent with existing code
- Development of features within a multi-threaded environment
- Collaboration with teams to create the best possible player experience
- Implement and optimise controls and systems in C++ with game designers to ensure responsive playability
- Make use of iterative prototyping to demonstrate the validity of gameplay features
- Analyse and understand game design in order to define required features and game systems to be developed
- Identify and resolve bugs reported by people from other disciplines, the quality control team and your peers
- 3+ years of development experience
- Master, Bachelor or equivalent in computer science or engineering
- Strong programming skills in C++
- Competent ability with applied 3D mathematics
- Proficient in refactoring and optimising existing systems
- Good debugging and problem solving skills
- Understanding of multi-threaded principles
- Ability to work efficiently with a large, existing code base
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Comfortable planning tasks and dependencies
- Experience working with Console SDK’s and Devkits is beneficial (PS4 and XBox)
- Flexible working hours
- External and internal training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension etc.
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
As Gameplay Programmer [Avatar] (f/m/d) you will implement gameplay features for the Avatar Project on PC and Console in C++ in the Snowdrop™ Engine. You will implement and maintain a variety of gameplay mechanics and improve existing features, collaborating closely with designers and artists.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany).