About the job
Contribute to the customs and quarantine operations by actively establishing, optimizing operation infrastructure and processes. To coordinate both internal and external stakeholders across supply chains, to fulfill the function goal of availability, low cost and compliance.
Main tasks will be to:
- Establish new and optimize existing inbound, import and export customs and operation process relevant to permit issuing agencies for availability and lower cost
- Maintain local customs database and coordinate tariff usage in connection with Malaysia Customs authorities
- Handle direct import process and bonded customs operation & management
- Handle FTA application and utilization with authorities and stakeholders
- Insight of business change and raise business requests towards system solution
- Manage broker performance in daily work and monitor customs operation KPI
- Be involved in customs broker cost budgeting and follow-up cost
- Coordinate customs audit/inquiries/report to IKEA legal entities
- Secure customs operation compliance within country specific rules & regulations
- Monitor and apply customs & OGA relevant certificate/permit.
In addition to your several years of experience, we see that you have:
- Solid knowledge in customs and trade area
- Good compliance awareness
- Good knowledge in supply chain/logistics
- Good understanding of government policies and regulations
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influence skills with internal and external parties.
- Proven problem solving skills
- Broker and agent management
- Good oral and written skill in both English and local language
- University level or equivalent education background
- At least 3 years working experience in import or export or customs or trade related areas
This permanent assignment will be based in our temporary office in Kota Kemuning and to be relocated to the new DC at Pulau Indah in year 2020.
IKEA Supply (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd is currently hosting the project to establish Inter IKEA’s new Distribution Centre (“DC”) in Malaysia.The establishment of the new DC is to support/drive improvement in the current and future Logistics/Distribution Network.